Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Making Some Changes



My talents lie in creating, planning, and not so much in execution, so here I am at the age of 32 with many, many areas of my life that need improvement. Accountability is a key component of my successes. I don't know if I was born that way or trained to it by school report cards, but regardless of the reasons why, I seem to be unable to sustain changes in my life on my own. The internet is providing many resources to help me grow in areas of current weakness.

Starting August 1st, I'll be doing a Whole30. I've eaten this way off and on for a couple of years. I've never been dairy-free for a month though, so I'll have to get creative on that front. I'll be sharing some of my meal planning efforts as well. I have a good friend on-board with me, so she'll get all the nitty gritty details that may not make it to the public sphere. :)

I just signed up for a Hello Mornings group, an accountability group to help motivate me to spend time reading the Bible in the morning before the kids get up. I've been following Inspired to Action for a few years but I've never joined up. 

I read Mark's Daily Apple for inspirational stories of people changing their diets and lives for the better through food and exercise

I've been getting FlyLady emails for YEARS, as in 8 or more years, but I've never been consistent in following her plans. Since we'll be opening our home up more often, I am hoping to establish a better cleaning routine going forward.

Jason and I did p90X together before I was pregnant with Emily and before my dad passed away last year. Doing it together was great because usually one of us wanted to do the workout, even if the other didn't. Eventually the results were enticing enough to keep us on track. I don't think that I have time to do p90X these days; Emily is still very tiny. But I'm going to incorporate some of this workout into my life.

So that's where I am at. May the Lord bless my plans and efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment