Tuesday, August 28, 2012

5 Dinners 1 Hour Review - part two

So we really enjoyed trying out the sample menu from 5 Dinners in 1 Hour.

The five meals were:

Honey Sesame Chicken
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Broiled Steak Bites
Panko Pork Chops
Black Bean Enchilada Casserole


I loved the idea of assembling the meals so quickly. The directions were pretty clear on everything. I had to adjust a few things to make the meals tasty for my family:

Honey Sesame Chicken - I made the marinade again so that after the chicken came out of the crockpot I could put full strength sauce on it. Otherwise it didn't have enough flavor

Panko Pork Chops - the Panko crumbs didn't brown well. I think this would be a better dish to cook on the stovetop with some oil in a pan. We made it with coconut flour for our extra pork chops, and we loved it.

Black Bean Enchilada Casserole - Be careful serving this to little ones. Our kids thought it was too spicy, even with mild sauce and mild salsa. We were able to mix in some corn to help them eat it. It may be a more adult meal.

Overall it was a great experience with a great product!



Now she's offering a Clean Eating version. I'll have to work through that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment