Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday HYMN 8/19/12

This hymn has been an anchor over the last 18 months or so. It's been my prayer while my dad was in hospice, while we waited on God to provide a call for Jason, while we waited to see where we would live, and even now as we prayerfully anticipate God's work on our behalf here in the Hoodland area.






1 How sweet to wait upon the Lord, 
While he fulfils his gracious word; 
To seek his face, and not in vain, 
To be beloved, and love again! 

2 To see, while prostrate at his feet, 
Jehovah on the mercy-seat; 
And Jesus, at the Lord’s right hand, 
With his divine atonement stand! 

3 “Father,” he cries, “I will that these 
Before thee on their bended knees, 
For whom my life I once laid down, 
Be with me soon on this my throne.” 

4 Amen! our hearts with rapture cry, 
May we with reverence look so high; 
Ascended Saviour, fix our eyes, 
By faith upon this glorious prize! 

5 With this delightful prospect fired, 
We’ll run, nor in thy ways be tired; 
And all the trials here we see, 
Will make us long to reign with thee.



No comments:

Post a Comment