Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Buddy System

As I work through the Insanity fitness program and eat through the Whole30 program, I am reminded again and again of the importance of the buddy system. When we were little, the buddy system helped ensure we didn't get lost or stolen, but as an adult, the buddy system helps us reach our goals and have more fun doing it!

Jason is doing the fitness program with me. It's hilarious because we are so different. He's 6'2, at or below his recommended weight, but he really struggles with the cardio aspects of the program and always complains about his quads burning. I, on the other hand, am 5'4, always above my recommended weight, and struggle most with my calves burning and holding in my core. The juxtaposition of our weaknesses is very helpful and motivating.

I have a friend in Atlanta who is accompanying me on the Whole30 program. I'm so thankful to have her support via email. She has young kids to feed too, and we face many of the same struggles. She's also a great cook and has wonderful ideas for meals!


Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!
(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 ESV)

P.S. Next week I'll be starting the Hello Mornings Challenge. We'll be studying 1 Peter. Go here to learn more. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment